Sunday, May 6, 2018

Take a Groove Walk



I made up some delicious iced tea, but haven't partaken yet. I'm still drinking my good, old water. I don't know about you, but I've become a little slack in my exercises. Some of it was due to my hip being out of place and spending several days a week at the chiropractor's office. When I wasn't there I was concerned if exercising was going to take my hip out of place again. So the only exercises I did regularly were the stretches from the chiropractor. Now that I'm only going once a week I decided to get back into walking.

But here's my deal with walking. I can't walk around my neighborhood, because I live on a highway. So I have to get in my car and drive somewhere to take an outdoor walk. Then I worry about rain, getting cold or getting hot, am I hydrated enough. Now I don't think it's worth the effort to go to the park or where ever to walk. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

But last week, I changed my attitude. And in the process that followed I think I created something new. I like to call it Groove Walking. Here's how it started. I pulled up my iTunes and created a playlist of songs I thought were upbeat and I'd like to listen to while I walked. Luckily, I have a decent play and a pretty big house. So I plugged up my computer to external speakers and set my timer for 20 minutes and started walking in my house. These songs were so good, though; I ended up in a half dance and half walk. By golly, I think it was a Groove Walk!

The first time I Groove Walked I felt a little silly. But who cares? I didn't have people peeking in the windows. And I looked. Getting through 20 minutes wasn't a piece of cake either. I'd check my timer in hopes of it almost ready to ring. I'd groove by my water and take a few sips while I walked. But after a few times of Groove Walking, I found myself going even after the timer when off. Today, I Groove Walked until my playlist was done. That's about 35 minutes. So if your exercise routine is boring you, you might want to consider taking a Groove Walk. It's the newest, most enjoyable way to get some exercise and get funky!

Let me know if you Groove Walk. I might have to patent the name and make a video demonstration. Maybe even a book, "Groove Walking for Dummies".

No comments:

Post a Comment